There are two weeks until the end of the transition period. Prepare now.
The transition period ends on 31 December 2020. Trade rules will change. With only two weeks to go until the end of the transition period, you must ACT NOW.
Businesses need to prepare for the new trade rules which will come into force on 1 January 2021, no matter the outcome of negotiations with the EU. Changes will impact many areas from import tariffs and custom declarations, through to immigration rules and travelling for business.
Find out what changes will affect you and your business. You should:
- Visit GOV.UK/transition to take a short survey and receive a personalised list of actions for you and your business.
- Watch a webinar to learn more about how to ensure your business is ready for 1 January 2021.
- Read the online guidance on exporting goods to the EU and importing goods from the EU from 1 January 2021.
- Read the online guidance on moving goods into, out of, or through Northern Ireland from 1 January 2021.
- Read the online guidance about importing goods from and exporting goods to countries outside of the EU.
- Check the tariffs that will apply to all goods imported into the UK unless an exemption, such as a trade agreement or the UK Generalised Scheme of Preferences, applies.
- Check you’re ready to comply with data sharing and protection rules.
- Sign up to email alerts to stay up to date with any further changes.
If you have any questions about preparing for the end of the transition period and you can’t find answers at GOV.UK/transition, fill out the enquiry form and one of our experts will point you in the right direction.
If you do not act now you will not be able to trade with the EU and other countries from 1 January 2021.