Marks & Clerk are hiring! Are you, or is someone you know, passionate about the way we communicate? Would you like to join a market leader in its field and help them reach new audiences around the world? If so, they would love to hear from you.
Marks & Clerk is one of the leading intellectual property firms in the world and they are looking for a Digital Marketing & Communications Executive to be based in either Manchester, London, Oxford or Birmingham.
They are incredibly proud of our reputation and can’t wait to meet the next person to help them develop it even further.
The Digital/content executive will play a key role in underpinning the external positioning of Marks & Clerk. The candidate will be part of a motivated, collegiate Marketing & Business Development Team working closely with the Corporate Communications Manager and the Digital Manager to drive online content across the firm’s website and social channels, as well as those of our media and marketing partners.
- Tracking industry news and developing ideas for relevant outreach campaigns
- Tracking the most relevant news stories across online news channels and social media for opportunities for M&C
- Daily management of the digital schedule for LinkedIn, Twitter, www.marks-clerk.com and MailChimp
- Conducting analyses of the competitive landscape (other IP firms, full service law firms and the wider professional services industry)
- Identify and build relationships with key journalists and publications of interest or relevant sites
Working with our PR agency to turn around requests for commentary from thought leaders within the firm
- Managing the log of website content, media coverage and social media performance that will inform regular reports to senior management
- Working with the Corporate Communications Manager and the Awards/Directories team to help draft suitable announcements for the firm’s website and social channels
- Outreaching to key contacts e.g. heads of marketing or membership at potential partner organisations
- Working with the Corporate Communications Manager to create convincing and appealing creative content for campaigns, press releases, social media, and general marketing materials
- Develop targets and KPIs with the Corporate Communications Manager and Digital Manager to include article engagement on the M&C website, driving traffic to the website and improving UX
Work with the Digital Manager and MBD colleagues to enable best practice across our digital channels, with a particular focus on accessibility and brand consistency
- Work with the Digital Manager to continually assess and improve the firm’s SEO through tools such as SEM Rush
- Work with the Digital Manager and colleagues across M&C internationally to ensure that website content is correct and up-to-date
- Deputise for the Corporate Communications Manager and Digital Manger as needed. This includes being able to execute uploading all digital content including reports, insights, events and changes to the website home page and landing pages
Technical knowledge, professional qualifications and experience
- At least one year’s experience in a relevant role (could be via a year-in-industry as part of a degree)
- Experience within a professional services environment (desirable)
- Excellent written communication skills
- Exposure to campaign planning from strategy to implementation (examples are encouraged)
- Experience of writing for the media (building relationships and forging relationships)
- Experience of digital content development, preferably from within professional services
- Experience using communications and SEO tools (SEMRush and Google Analytics 4)
- An understanding of website traffic analysis and best practice to help improve these
- A grasp of UX and digital accessibility
- Track record of identifying and implementing improvement
Remuneration and benefits
- Competitive salary dependant on qualification and experience
- 26 days’ annual holiday plus statutory holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance (after 12 months)
- Permanent health insurance (after 12 months)
- Reimbursement of membership fees to professional bodies required for the role
- Flexible working hours and hybrid working
Follow the link to apply or for more information. Alternatively, get in touch with their Digital Manager, Greg Brett or their Communications Manager, Naomi Butson who will be happy to answer your questions.